From the National Directors Desk
Dreaming The Future Differently-
Engaging the Young.
Youth are at the cross roads in vast world wide changes.
World wide youth are expressing concern and fatigue within their communities because they have no voice.
Youth are the supreme innovators and our best force forward.
Youth appreciate that the Arts are the super communication channels through which we navigate our understanding of self and others.
Youth are the info tech visual generation and bring about new understandings of humanity.
Youth can cope with the increasing cross cultural exchanges and the assimilation of knowledge exchange, and appreciate the challenging role of keeping the arts umbrella open and the arts role in providing a balance in the complex arena of swift rapid and permanent change.
Youth network diversely and use the arts as signposts recognising the changes and protesting or supporting them.
Youth appreciate that art gives the body soul and that artists will lead the solution finding necessary to address the complexities of our future.
Youth seek harmony and peaceful diversity, and contented lives which are creative.
Youth understand that imagination is more important than knowledge, that curiosity magic and wonder and surprise are vital ingredients to the creative search for skill and for self identity ongoingly throughout life.
· Inclusion in decision making
· Listening and engaging youth participation as paramount to community development.
· Using youths skills and innovations and actioning their dreams. Providing the necessary and wide-ranging community training and facilities.
· Acknowledgement of youth as leaders
· Youths equal presence at meetings and decision making
· Actioning youths plans and believing in them as our best place of investment.
· Provision of facilities.
Creative children ensure creative communities.
Creative fitness of youth is a priority. Buildings and centres which are permanently supplied and valued by the community for youth, enhance the communities chances of that community achieving vibrant peace.
A statement by Shona Hammond Boys QSM